Our Privacy Promise
ALRO Services Ltd / ALRO 2002 Ltd shall ensure that data provided by our customers shall only be used for the following purposes;
- To identify customers and their home addresses where the customer needs to be contacted to enable ALRO Services Ltd / ALRO 2002 Ltd to fulfil our responsibilities in relation to any instruction you might offer us. for the maintenance and repair of equipment on site, carry out design, installation and consultancy services.
- To communicate with customers regarding the service/delivery and any works undertaken.
- To seek feedback.
- To itemise specifications, invoices, contracts and other administrative tasks associated with the delivery of our services and works.
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to review your choices at any time.
Where we collect personal information from
Data you give to us:
- When you talk to us on the phone or in person.
- When you use our website.
- In emails and letters.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of ALRO Services Ltd / ALRO 2002 Ltd. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data indefinitely to respond to any questions or complaints or reintroduce our services to you.
We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
How to get a copy of your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: ALRO Services Ltd, Unit 13 Hameldown Road, Exeter Road Industrial Estate, Okehampton. EX20 1UB.
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us if you want to do this. If you do, we will take all reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
How to complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us using the address detailed above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to ALRO Services Ltd, Unit 13 Hameldown Road, Exeter Road Industrial Estate, Okehampton. EX20 1UB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.